Pasadena, Texas Shooting Dentist
Kerry “Pocket Doc” Davis , Founder of Dark Angel Medical : “Simplicity Under Stress”
Ten Tac-Med Tips:
- STOP! Assess the scene safety and call “911”. Put on your gloves.
- Check the victim’s level of consciousness while approaching by calling our to them.
- Check for any life-threatening hemorrhage and stop it.
- Check for any airway problems and correct them.
- Check for any difficulty breathing. Look, Listen and Feel.
- Check the radial and carotid pulses, capillary refill, skin color and temperature.
- Accesses the LOC (level of consciousness) again using the “AVPU” scale. A- Alert (Alert and Orientated x 4) Person, Place, Time and Situation. V- Responds to verbal stimuli P -Responds to painful stimuli (sternal rub, skin pinch) U- Unresponsive NOTE: Remember to constantly reassess the LOC as an alteration in LOC can mean a shortage of blood, sugar or oxygen. Assess the pupils- Are they reactive and equal in size and diameter?
- Expose the victim for any further injuries, treat as necessary and cover the ground the victim is lying on and cover them to prevent heat loss.
- Treat for shock. Continue to assess for any bleeding and keep them warm.
- Talk to them and reassure them until help arrives.
Award winning Pasadena, Texas Dentist Dr. Nugent likes shooting competitions. He recently took a 3 day class the combined combat medicine, low light and urban defense. Dr. Nugent competes in IDPA pistol competitions and is a licensed CHL holder. Furthermore, Dr. Nugent has his FFL.
Dr. Nugent focuses on Cosmetic, Implant and Dental Sedation at his dental office. Dr. Nugent has been voted BEST PASADENA TEXAS DENTIST multiple times. To see hos awesome dentistry can be call our office at 713-941-8261.