Pasadena Texas Dentist
I have had my Texas CHL for about 2 years. I am not some gun packing Rambo. When I am carrying my concealed pistol I am more aware of my surroundings. Having a CHL means being held to a higher standard. I will not look for or provoke trouble. The reason I got my CHL was to protect my family. When seconds count, cops are minutes away. Most people falsely believe that it is the JOB of the cops to save them from bad guys. In fact, the Supreme Court ruled in Warren v. District of Columbia that “the police have no duty to protect you or save you.”
Another interesting fact is that CHL holders commit crime WAY under the normal percentage of the average population. From the State of Texas website: The 2012 number of Concealed Handgun License (CHL) holders with convictions vs. the entire TX population with convictions = Total Convictions in Texas 63,272 , Convictions of CHL Holders 120 , CHL Holder Percentage of Total Convictions 0.1897%
CHL holders are the best!
I was talking to my patient about going to the gun range today after work. He asked what I was shooting. I told him and brought in my range bag. Glock 34 and SW MP VTAC. We got a picture together.
I asked my assistant if she got a good picture and had both guns in the picture. The patient said “Well you actually got three guns in the picture. He lifted up his shirt and he is carrying!
I know more about my CHL patients then I do my regular patients. In order to receive a CHL one has to get fingerprinted, pass a background check and be eligible to have a CHL.
TEXAS CHL ELIGIBILITY. (a) A person is eligible for a license to carry a concealed handgun if the person:
(1) is a legal resident of this state for the six-month period preceding the date of application under this subchapter or is otherwise eligible for a license under Section 411.173(a);
(2) is at least 21 years of age;
(3) has not been convicted of a felony;
(4) is not charged with the commission of a Class A or Class B misdemeanor or equivalent offense, or of an offense under Section 42.01, Penal Code, or equivalent offense, or of a felony under an information or indictment;
(5) is not a fugitive from justice for a felony or a Class A or Class B misdemeanor or equivalent offense;
(6) is not a chemically dependent person;
(7) is not incapable of exercising sound judgment with respect to the proper use and storage of a handgun;
(8) has not, in the five years preceding the date of application, been convicted of a Class A or Class B misdemeanor or equivalent offense or of an offense under Section 42.01, Penal Code, or equivalent offense;
(9) is fully qualified under applicable federal and state law to purchase a handgun;
(10) has not been finally determined to be delinquent in making a child support payment administered or collected by the attorney general;
(11) has not been finally determined to be delinquent in the payment of a tax or other money collected by the comptroller, the tax collector of a political subdivision of the state, or any agency or subdivision of the state;
(12) is not currently restricted under a court protective order or subject to a restraining order affecting the spousal relationship, other than a restraining order solely affecting property interests;
(13) has not, in the 10 years preceding the date of application, been adjudicated as having engaged in delinquent conduct violating a penal law of the grade of felony; and
(14) has not made any material misrepresentation, or failed to disclose any material fact, in an application submitted pursuant to Section 411.174.
Therefore, CHL holders are welcome at my dental practice!! Stay Safe and don’t forget to brush and floss your teeth!
Dr. Nugent is a general dentist that practices at 3421 Burke Rd, Pasadena, Texas 77504. His practice is focused on Cosmetic, Family, Implant and Sedation Dentistry. Dr. Nugent loves to ride dirt bikes and go to the gun range. If you need a great dental home, give us a call at 713-941-8261.